Thursday, July 23, 2015

50 Days & Counting!

Part of me can't believe how quickly this trip has come up!  September 11th will be here before I know it.  The other part of me knows this has been a long time in the making.  I've wanted to volunteer in Africa, specifically Tanzania, since I graduated college.  In fact, when researching to create a blog for the trip, google was quick to remind me that I had already claimed this blog name & had begun creating it back in 2008.

I know I'll be based in Arusha, Tanzania and will be volunteering in a school, teaching.  I've done lots of research, but one thing I'm sure of is that I have no idea what I'm in store for.  I'm simply excited for the opportunity to travel, volunteer & experience the culture.

I can't quite pinpoint why I've had this fascination with Tanzania......friends know of my obsession with the song Africa by Toto, which references Kilimanjaro & the Serengeti, both in Tanzania, so perhaps this whole trip began because of an 80's one hit wonder :)

No comments: